The shipyard was built in Perm in the early 1930s. During the Great Patriotic War, the it produced armored boats, anti-submarine nets, shell casings, pumps, winches and specialist equipment for Soviet naval ships. The shipyard was the only enterprise in the Soviet Union that produced mine-sweeping equipment. At the Molotov Shipbuilding Plant, equipment was used from shipbuilding and ship repair yards evacuated to Molotov from Nikolaev, Leningrad and Kolomna. In total, during the Great Patriotic War, more than 80 armored boats and 1,270,000 shell casings were manufactured at the Molotov Shipbuilding Plant.
The shipyard was awarded the Order of the Patriotic War, 1st degree, in 1985 for its successful work on military production during the Great Patriotic War. Most of the workers of the Molotov Shipbuilding Plant were presented with state government awards for their work in 1941-1945.
The directors of the Molotov Shipbuilding Plant during the Great Patriotic War were Grigoriy Lapshin, Ivan Pribylsky and Nikolay Smirnov.
The chief engineers of the Molotov Shipbuilding Plant during the Great Patriotic War were Iosif Neumann and Filomen Liventsev.
Nytva Molotov (Perm) Solikamsk